How cement is made - Sound Required
Our technical expertise allows us to support our customers' many and varied needs. Our modern testing facilities, in conjunction with best practice Quality Assurance, enables us to supply product of consistently high quality.
Three Key Technical Expertise Capabilities
1. Chemical & physical testing
- Raw materials
- Cement and cementitious materials
- Final product
2. Problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Forensic capability
- Legal disputes
3. Research and Development
- New products & innovation
- Low carbon emission cement and concrete applications
- Expansion of existing knowledge
- Support for industry institutions and universities
- Certification of Cement Australia cements & cementitious products – Compliance certificates
- Assessing performance of our products – Point of Sale & Benchmarking
- Support for manufacturing facilities
- Plant optimisation
- Plant investigations
- Process testing
Customer support for Technical Sales teams
- Concrete mix design optimisation, mix performance
- Aggregate characterisation
- Analysis of hardened concrete and cores
- Concrete failure & performance investigations
- Packaged products & grout performance
- Process understanding and optimisation for customers
Our Value Proposition
- Timely, easily accessible, high quality results that we understand
- Fast turn around and timely reporting
- Easy availability of data via our Customer Web Portal
- Point of Sale product data available on request
- External clients have dedicated and secure results folders
Cement Australia operates a Central laboratory at Darra, QLD and site laboratories in Dandenong (Geocycle), Gladstone and Railton.
The Cement Australia Laboratories at Darra were established predominately as a centralised, impartial and internal service provider for the physical and chemical analysis of cement and concrete. All employees are committed to the highest level of professionalism adhering to recognised and established standard test procedures. The plant and Darra laboratories are accredited by the National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia (NATA -Laboratory Accreditation Number 187) to ISO 17025.
Cement Australia’s Quality Assurance system, which also includes the laboratory services, is accredited to AS/ISO 9001. As such, systems are in place to ensure accurate and timely test results to demonstrate to our Shareholders and customers, conformance of Cement Australia products to agreed standards. The centralised Darra Laboratory also reports product testing results to Government authorities which in turn register cementitious products for infrastructure projects.
The Geocycle Dandenong laboratory is covered by the ISO9001 quality system; but is not accredited with NATA for reporting results to customers. Its primary function is to qualify incoming compounds and solutions to be blended into Alternate Fuel & Raw materials (AFR) for Cement Australia’s Kilns.